Let me start out by telling you my background as it pertains to the medical field. I don’t consider myself an expert, although I have worked in the medical field, marketing, selling and training various kinds of doctors in the use of the Class II and Class III medical devices that I represent. I am also married to a doctor, a true healer for over 22 years. That being said, my journey in the health field has been a voyage of revelation and adventure that I am proud of.
My own health challenges are almost directly attributable to false information that was presented to me as truth, and this is partly what has led me to write this article. I gained weight and added the burden of Type II diabetes…which I chose to ignore for the most part for almost 8 years. This is in part my journey of discovery back to health.
First, I must ask you to do is to please, please do not believe a word I tell you at face value, but take the information I am offering and take it for checking. Investigate it for yourself. Do some reading, watch the videos and wake yourself up! I proselytize this information is for the benefit of humankind. I wholeheartedly believe that I am on the right road.
My introduction to the Carnivore Diet was by Dr. Nandor Bajusz. Nandor walks the talk since 2018. At 52 years of age and does not look a day over 30. He is my friend and mentor for the Carnivore diet.
I am a disciple of science. I believe in critical thought, examining all sides and drawing conclusions. I love PubMed, but realize that many times the body of research does not match the summary. Medical research is bought and paid for. Studies are not done on what does not follow medical mainstream narrative. When I realized that almost everything I thought I knew about nutrition was a lie, I began to understand. Medicine, medical research and public health have suffered from the time that the Flexner Report was usurped and corrupted by the Rockefellers and the Carnegies. They embraced the profitiability business model of Drugs and surgery as the only mainstream solution. They did this through the systematic elimination of funding for educating doctors in homeopathy, chiropractic, eletro-medicine and other modalities that they saw as competition, rather than embracing these sciences for the betterment of humanity.
The biggest revelation to me is that everything I was indoctrinated with in regards to diet, starting with the farce of a food pyramid is a lie designed to make us sick. Saturated animal fats are bad, right? Seed oils are good, right? Low Fat is good, right? Whole grains are good, right? Egg whites are good, right. All veggies are healthy, right? WRONG! The opposite is true. Vegetables have protective mechanisms such lectins, and toxic elements such as oxylates that have major inflammatory effects. If they recommend it, do the opposite almost to everything.
On to the Carnivore diet. My personal experience includes first and foremost normalized blood sugar levels, increased energy and clarity of thought. The first time I did the diet a year ago I lost over 30 pounds in one month and have kept it off. Why I stopped, I don’t know. I recently called up Nandor just to talk and it eventually turned to Carnivory. He got me remotivated. I restarted the diet and understand that it was the right thing to do. I even got my wife and my 88 year old mother to join in. So far, two weeks into the journey my wife, my mom and I all feel like a million bucks. I’ve even contacted organic rancher friends over in Mt. Forest to stock up on my grass fed, grass finished beef.
I think it best to give honorable mention to the following people, all of which in their own way have contributed to my education about the topic. It is only a partial list at best, but they need mentioning.
1. Dr. Nandor Bajusz. He values health and understands that achieving health is not just about addressing symptoms; it’s about uncovering the root causes of illness. He focuses on his knowledge of functional medicine and nutrition. His interview with Baker Family Fitness is a must watch, and is a great summary of the Carnivore diet and pretty well covers all the bases with a straight forward approach. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgwNnClLII)
2. Shawn Baker. A Prominent Figure in the Carnivore Community- An accomplished athlete and orthopedic surgeon, has gained popularity for his advocacy of the carnivore diet. His personal journey with the diet has led him to challenge mainstream beliefs about nutrition and question the necessity of plant-based food consumption. Baker’s work and success story have inspired many individuals seeking an alternative approach to their dietary choices.
3. Joe Rogan. The Joe Rogan Experience podcasts. Joe has interviewed many celebrities and professionals where they they talked specifically about the diet. As one of the top podcasts, he is an amazing interviewer (Standup comedian and UFC commentator). He is worth noting because of the exposure he has given the diet in many of his interviews.
4. Jordan Peterson… interviewed by Joe. Jordan is a public speaker with conservative viewpoints that has embraced Carnivore because of his daughter that was also interviewed by Joe…He explains the food pyramid fraud perpetrated on onto us by the government. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXDRr9wz57g
5. Mikhaila Peterson… interviewed by Joe. Mikhaila is the daughter of Jordan Peterson, an author and outspoken advocate that has personally benefited from it, and the main reason why her dad embraced it.
6. Dr. Paul Saladino… interviewed by Joe. He is an MD that is an advocate and author of the “The Carnivore Code”
7. Chris Kresser… interviewed by Joe. Chris is an expert in functional medicine and discussed the pros and cons of the diet.
8. Mark Bell… interviewed by Joe. Mark is a famous power lifter that share his experiences.
9. Robb Wolf… interviewed by Joe. Author and former research biochemist.
10. Amber O’Hearn. She has an eclectic background, with academic publications in several fields including theoretical mathematics, cognitive psychology, computational linguistics, and more recently, evolutionary nutrition and biology.She does a great interview with Dr. Bret Sher, the Diet Doctor on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7mnxv3hMA)
11. Dr. Ken Berry – A family physician known for his research on nutrition and health, has also voiced his support for the carnivore diet. Drawing from his medical expertise, he emphasizes the potential benefits of animal-based foods in promoting optimal health. Berry highlights the impact of carbohydrates on inflammation and metabolic disorders, suggesting that a carnivorous approach may be particularly advantageous for individuals dealing with these issues. Too many videos on youtube to list that talk about almost every aspect of the diet
12. Vilhjalmur Stefansson. He was renowned Canadian born polar explorer from the early 1900’s. Anthropologist, and nutritional pioneer. The originator of the now popularized carnivore diet. Source: Harpers Magazine article “Adventures in Diet” by Vilhjalmur Stefansson
13. Dr. Anthony Gustin. A former sports rehab clinician turned entrepreneur & “amateur farmer”. He is trained in functional medicine and has set treatment plans for hundreds of patients. What I like is how he labels it an exclusion diet and how this limits over eating. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ANiMqfSKH8)
15. Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. Her interview with Peter Ballerstedt that includes how ruminant animals are important to human survival. A real eyeopener on why 4 stomach animals are so necessary.
16. Kelly Hogan. Her amazing journey with the Carnivore Diet. A walking, talking testimony.
17. Brett Lloyd. His testimony as it related to a lifelong battle with depression and anxiety. Coined tghe phrase “Eat meat, Drink water!”
As usual I end the article with a tune by Nine Inch Nails – The Hand That Feeds: